Join Us at the BDN Western Regional Conference in Los Angeles – Empowering Change through Research and Community Engagement!
The Black Doctoral Network (BDN) is thrilled to announce the return of our Western Regional Conference, slated for April 20, 2024, in the vibrant city of Los Angeles, California. Hosted by Loyola Marymount University, this year's conference theme, Applying Research and Transforming Communities, promises a day of enriching discussions and groundbreaking insights.
- Interdisciplinary Approach: The BDN Western Regional Conference stands out as an interdisciplinary nexus, uniting academics and professionals from diverse fields including social and health sciences, STEAM, business, education, and humanities. This unique blend of perspectives fosters a dynamic environment for cross-pollination of ideas.
- Community and Scholarly Impact: Central to the conference is the exploration of ways to engage and empower communities. Participants will delve into the development of research, policies, and practices that are not just innovative but also transformative, paving new paths for future generations.
- Networking and Collaboration: Attendees will have the unparalleled opportunity to network with a wide array of scholars and professionals. This platform is not just about sharing knowledge; it’s about building lasting connections that transcend disciplines and geographies.
- Affordable Access: We are committed to making this conference accessible. Registration prices range from $90 to $165, offering various options to accommodate different needs.
- Inclusive and Empowering: At the heart of BDN is the mission to lead the next generation of Black scholars to unprecedented heights. Our conference is more than just an event; it's a movement towards encouraging intellectual curiosity, transformative research, and building bridges between scholars, disciplines, and the wider community.
Your Takeaway: Participating in the BDN Western Regional Conference means being part of a conversation that not only informs but also inspires. It's about being at the forefront of change, where your voice and research contribute to a larger narrative of community empowerment and academic excellence.
Don't Miss Out: Mark your calendars for this transformative experience. Join us in Los Angeles to be part of a community that’s reshaping the future through research and action. Register now and be ready to engage, challenge, and be inspired!
The BDN Western Regional Conference welcomes scholars to come together to create a space of intellectual exchange and develop collaborations. We are excited to host this year's conference at:
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Registration & Membership Information:
REGISTER TODAY! We offer member and non-member pricing so JOIN TODAY before registering to get the member discount! All registration types include breakfast and lunch during the conference.
| Registration Type
| Undergraduate Student
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted starting April 1, 2024.
Visitors will welcome to park in the University Hall parking garage. Parking is free on the weekends on the LMU campus. To view the campus map, click here.
The Black Doctoral Network invites our conference guests to use hotels with which LMU has a longstanding relationship. Inclusion on this list does not imply the University's recommendation. Guests are encouraged to book with Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North or Sonesta LAX hotels. Both offer 24/7 LAX Airport shuttle service. To learn about these or other hotel options, click here.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 830-255-7437 x506