Lone Star College-MONTGOMERY
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Teaches courses in English at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs
2. Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
3. Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines
4. Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
5. Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course
6. Submits required college reports and forms
7. Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials
8. Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
9. Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
10. Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean
11. Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Master's degree in English, literature, creative writing or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in English, literature, creative writing or rhetoric composition studies
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
© The Black Doctoral Network Inc. 300 Delaware Avenue Suite 210 Wilmington DE 19801